2014-15 Calendar Changes
The Board also approved revisions to the 2014-2015 school calendar to address issues important to students and staff. The changes include:
• Moving the current elementary early release day from October 2, 2014 (Thursday) to October 22, 2014 (Wednesday) for all levels to continue elementary parent conferences and to provide professional learning for secondary staff.
• Providing an early release day for all levels on December 19, 2014 (Friday before Winter Break). Currently early release is for secondary only.
• Changing the January 5, 2015 campus professional development day to half campus professional development and half teacher workday.
• Changing January 6, 2015 from a district professional day to the first day of the semester classes and move the district professional development day to February 16, 2015.
• Moving the current elementary early release day from February 11, 2015 (Wednesday) to Friday, February 13 for all levels to continue elementary parent conferences and provide professional learning for secondary staff.
• Designating February 16, 2015 (President’s Day and Professional Learning Day) and May 25, 2015 as bad weather make-up days.
Here is the link to the2014-15 school year calendar that you can print – http://www.fortbendisd.com/docs/community-relations/2014-2015-calendar-a.pdf