On January 24 and 28, we experienced inclement weather conditions that prevented us from safely conducting school operations. Texas state law requires school districts to designate two make-up days for bad weather on its Board-approved calendar. At Monday night’s Board meeting, the Board approved important changes to the current school calendar as follows:
• The last day of school has been changed to June 6, and it will be an early release day for all students.
• Therefore, the two bad weather days will be made up on June 6 and May 26 (Memorial Day).
• We will not be in school on April 18, the scheduled Good Friday holiday.
Because the Texas Education Agency requires us to make up the two weather days, it is important that students be in attendance on the two make up days. We understand that some FBISD high school graduations are scheduled on Friday, June 6, and that some families have made plans for the May 26 holiday and for June 6. We will work with families to address prescheduled conflicts as follows:
2014 Graduation Ceremonies – The 2014 Graduation Schedule will remain the same, and you can view the 2014 Graduation Schedule here.
- Graduating seniors will take final exams on a revised schedule that will be announced on Friday, March 21.
- If a student wants to attend a graduation ceremony for a sibling, their absence will be excused for the day.
- If a student has a sibling involved in graduation on Friday, June 6, the student may arrange to take final exams earlier. The revised secondary exam schedules will be released by Friday, March 21.
Early release days on June 5 and June 6, and revised final exam schedule
- June 6 will be an early release day for all students.
- June 5 will be an early release day for middle school and high school students only.
- Final exams will be scheduled for June 3 – June 6. A revised final exam schedule will be released on March 21.
Pre-arranged travel on May 26 or June 6
- If a student has pre-arranged travel on May 26 or June 6 and needs to be absent, they must show proof of pre-arranged travel to campus administration to receive an excused absence.
- Please work with your campus administration to address other types of conflicts.